Basement Fire – Interior Attack
- Use this tactic only if no exterior access is possible and use extreme caution when working above the fire. Work from as safe a location as possible. Place roof ladder across floor to distribute weight if necessary.
- Create a hole and insert AttackSpike™ directly down through floor into basement as close to the seat of fire as is safe to reach.
- This effectively inserts a high-powered sprinkler head into the basement.
- Flow water and observe fire conditions from a safe location. There is no need to man the tool if it is located above the fire.
- Standard length AttackSpike Nozzle with Mist Tip if within 6 feet of a foundation wall.
- Standard length AttackSpike Nozzle with Shield tip if greater than 6 feet from foundation wall.