Hands-on Fire Behavior Training
Fire Dynamics Training Prop: Horizontal
Clean-burning fuel and pyroceramic glass roof allows students to see fire conditions and observe changes in fire behavior as it happens. Training Objectives Include:
- Observe the impacts of horizontal and vertical ventilation on fire conditions
- Visualize the flowpath, particularly horizontal fire spread through structures
- Predict and observe changes to fire conditions based on ventilation location (changing/managing the flowpath)
- Demonstrate ventilation limited vs. fuel limited fire conditions
- Show the impact of “closing the door” to the fire room and to adjacent rooms
- Monitor temperatures and visualize changes with the Flashpoint Temperature Monitoring System (not included)
- Thermal ballast
- Vent-point ignition
Smoke doesn't block the view
Bring Fire Dynamics to life with live-fire
Clean-burning liquid fuel creates realistic (ventilation limited) fire conditions without producing visible smoke so students can see exactly what’s happening on the interior. Training can be done anywhere with sufficient ventilation, such as apparatus bays and isn’t weather dependent.
Built with all metal interior and exterior walls, windows and doors, Flashpoint props are built for repeatable, realistic fire behavior demonstrations.
Want to start hands-on flowpath training? Speak with a Flashpoint Specialist
Scale model residential floorplan for a wide range of training possibilities
Door control, horizontal and vertical ventilation
Prop Configuration Features:
- 11 horizontal ventilation openings (windows and doors)
- Quad door to demonstrate door control techniques and the principals behind Smoke Curtain deployment
- 3 lever-operated interior doors to each of the three bedrooms
- 4 roof vents
- Open concept kitchen, living room and dining space with partial walls to influence flowpaths.
Floorplan based on UL Ranch Fire Experiments
See the research in action
- The Horizontal Prop floor plan is based on the house that UL used for the Full-Scale Ranch House Experiments.
- Use UL reports, studies and training materials and then reinforce the lessons with live-fire tabletop training.
- Create similar fire conditions and behaviors, to bring the UL studies to life. https://fireinvestigation.ulfirefightersafety.org/ranch/index.html
Comprehensive Fire Dynamics Training
Combine with Vertical Prop
- Use the included connector to join the Horizontal Prop to the Flashpoint Vertical Prop for comprehensive fire behavior scenarios
- Create virtually any fire behavior scenario
- Demonstrate horizontal and vertical flows
- Show the impact of ventilation on fire conditions
- See flaming combustion travel through the floorplan when vents are opened and closed
Available transport case
Portable for on-site training
- Fully portable for flexible training at the students’ location
- Available heavy-duty aluminum-clad case with built-in wheels for transporting the prop between training locations
- Custom foam lining protects and supports the prop during transportation and/or shipping between locations
- Safely and securely store the prop between uses
Made in North America
We are an engineering and product development company founded to use fire science and research to improve firefighting tools and tactics. Modern fuels, lightweight building construction and more air-tight buildings have changed how fast fires grow, flashover and respond to traditional tactics. Our mission is to support the evolution of firefighting tactics by developing and manufacturing purpose-built tools.