Basement Fire – Exterior Attack
- Break parging if present, and make a hole 6 in. above the foundation, in the band joist, with the HammerSpike, halligan tool or pick head axe.
- Insert the spike with an Attack Tip at a downward angle (approx. 45 degrees) into the fire compartment if access is available. If uncertain of the location of fire, utilize a Mist Tip.
- Flow water and look for signs of knock down until steam production is apparent. Monitor conditions with thermal imaging.
- Commence interior attack when safe to do so.
- Standard length AttackSpike Nozzle with Attack Tip if access is available to fire compartment.
- Standard length AttackSpike Nozzle with Mist Tip if uncertain of fire compartment or if direct fire compartment access isn’t available.