Attic Fire – Gable Attack
- Deploy a safely footed ground ladder or access from an aerial device.
- Position on the windward side of gable if possible (the inlet side of the flowpath).
- Placement: No closer than 1′ to the top peak, as centered as possible with consideration for stud spacing.
- Use the SpikeHammer™, pike pole or pick head axe to create a hole in gable or penetrate an existing gable vent.
- Insert the AttackSpike or AttackSpikeXL fully and flow water.
- Five foot length AttackSpikeXL™ Nozzle with AttackTip to suppress active fire in Attic.
- Five foot length AttackSpikeXL™ Nozzle with Mist Tip to protect space from advancing fire.