Attic Fire – Access from Floor Below
- Use a thermal imager to locate the main body of fire.
- Pierce ceiling with AttackSpike™ nozzle and flow water for approximately 1 minute looking for signs of cooling.
- Shut down and quickly move in 6 inch increments piercing and flowing to ensure water distribution around insulation and other obstructions.
- Continuously monitor with thermal imaging.
- Ordinary Ceiling: Standard length AttackSpike™ Nozzle with AttackTip to suppress active fire in Attic.
- Vaulted / High Ceilings: Five foot length AttackSpikeXL™ Nozzle with AttackTip.
- Positive Pressure Isolation on the floor below / living compartment may be utilized because no major holes (flow paths) are created to the fire compartment.
- Placing a smoke curtain in the doorway to choke the opening down to a square can improve PPV application.